During a period of uncertainty like the one brought about by the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, it’s critical to take every precaution possible to keep yourself and others safe.
To that end, many are choosing to forgo traditional public transportation solutions like buses, trains and subway lines as part of their effort to avoid crowded places and practice social distancing.
Shared scooter rental solutions can aid in these efforts, providing an alternate mode of transportation that helps you maintain efficiency and commute effectively while still practicing proactive, protective measures.
Tips for Safely Commuting with a Shared Scooter
While utilizing an individual rental scooter is safer than electing to travel by crowded public methods by default, there are still steps you can take to ensure your experience is as safe as possible.
- Wipe down the scooter with alcohol or disinfecting wipes prior to use
- Wear gloves when riding to avoid direct contact with shared surfaces
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after your ride is complete
- Wipe the handlebars after use, as well, to do your part to protect others
Successfully Utilizing Public Transportation When Needed
Should you need to utilize public transportation during this global pandemic, there are still measures you can take to ensure you protect yourself.
- Avoid touching high-traffic surfaces when possible
- If possible, take less-crowded train cars and buses, even at the expense of time
- Wash your hands and carry disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer and more for added protection and consistency
Segway Discovery Supporting Clients and Partners
During the coronavirus outbreak, Segway Discovery is committed to aiding in the prevention of further spread of the virus and to supporting efforts to mitigate the impact of the pandemic in any way possible.
With that in mind, we will continue to offer any and all possible support to our clients and other groups that could benefit from a shared scooter solution.
For example, medical professionals and health workers in the Hubei province in China were recently given 100 kick-scooters aimed at easing the strain on transportation and enabling the most comprehensive response to the pandemic as possible.
Segway Discovery has become part of Segway Commercial. Please visit b2b.segway.com for more details.